Public Course Dates
Microsoft 365 has become the core of many businesses since the pandemic has sped up a move toward cloud-based computing. As the use of the Microsoft platform expands, the amount of data stored in the cloud increases and companies can access their data anywhere in the world. Therefore, Information Protection and Privacy becomes increasingly more important; but how do you manage this within Microsoft?
What you will learn from the course:
- Overview of information protection and privacy concepts
- Review the information protection features provided in Microsoft 365 environment
- Gain hands-on experience through exercises in our training environment
- Work through practical scenarios and learn best practice
- Plan your organisations implementation and user adoption
The day will cover the following topics:
Introduction to Information Privacy and Protection
- What is Data Privacy?
- What is Information Protection?
- Why Information privacy and protection is important?
- What is privacy by design in Microsoft 365?
- What are the use cases for Microsoft 365?
- Managing security and access to sensitive information
- Identifying privacy sensitive information and protecting the information
- Extend information protection to Cloud applications
Secure data access within Microsoft 365
- Introduction to Information Protection in Microsoft 365
- Implement and manage Customer Lockbox
- Configure data access in Office 365 collaboration workloads
- Configure sharing capabilities with external users
Manage sensitivity labels
- Introduction to Sensitivity Labels
- Plan a sensitivity label solution
- Configure sensitivity labels and policies
- Configure and use label analytics
- Use sensitivity labels with Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Office apps
Manage Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Introduction to Data Loss Prevention
- Plan a DLP solution
- Create and manage DLP policies
- Create and manage sensitive information types
- Monitor DLP reports
- Manage DLP breach notifications
Manage and Protect Cloud Applications
- Introduction to Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Plan Cloud App Security implementation
- Configure Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Manage cloud app discovery
- Manage entries in the Cloud app catalogue
- Manage apps in Cloud App Security
- Manage Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Configure Cloud App Security connectors and O-auth apps
- Configure Cloud App Security policies and templates
- Review, interpret and respond to Cloud App Security alerts, reports, dashboards, and logs
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone that works in Information Managers, Data Protection Officers, Privacy managers, and professionals who have responsibility for Microsoft 365 within their organisations.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance
- Data Protection Officer
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Data Ethics
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
We offer a 10% discount for bookings of 2 or more public courses.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.
What our clients said about the course
This was a great interactive webinar and I really enjoyed learning about Microsoft Teams.