You will learn key principles of Information Architecture for the governance of information within Microsoft 365. This course will take you through a process of developing an Information Architecture from discovery and strategy to embedding Information Architecture into your business. During the course you will get the opportunity to work through a scenario based on real life information architecture development projects.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Information Architecture
- Planning and governance
- Understanding organisational context: governance, strategy, current state
- Conducting Information Audits
- Embedding Information Architecture governance
- Introduction to information design
- Principles of Information Architecture
- M365 strategic design decisions
- Documenting designs
- Practical application of Information Architecture to Microsoft 365
- Hands on build using M365 design feature
- Avoiding common design errors
- Testing Information Architecture
- Implementation strategies for Information Architecture
- Migration strategies for Information Architecture
- Monitoring, reporting and compliance
- Business as usual Governance
- Roles and responsibilities for IT, Information Management, Data managers etc
- Sustainability and the Microsoft 365 evergreen model
- To get an understanding of the basic principles of information Architecture
- To understand how information architecture is applied within a M365 environment
- To gain hands on experience applying information architecture methods to your organisation’s M365 environment
- To consider how information architecture may be used within your organisation
Who should attend?
This course is for Records Managers/Officers or any staff with information management responsibilities. Delegates might would include Records Management staff, Information Governance Officers and Information Managers.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Microsoft 365 SharePoint Super User
- Microsoft 365 SharePoint Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 SharePoint Records Management
- Microsoft 365 Information Privacy and Protection
- Microsoft 365 Teams Information Protection
Will I get a recognised qualification?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:50:04+01:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:47:26+01:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
What happens if the course is cancelled?Jacqueline Stockwell2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T15:09:30+01:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.