This one day SIRO training course for Senior Information Risk Owners covers all you need to know for the role and responsibilities of the SIRO. This course covers how to manage working relationships with your Information Asset Owners, Data Protection Officer and other Information Governance team members. How to develop and maintain an Information Risk Register. Guide you through threats, hazards, controls, and the use of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA).
What you will learn from the course:
- Overview of the SIRO role and responsibilities working with the Information asset owners.
- To identify the key tasks in relation to the role.
- To work through practical case scenarios, covering IAR and information asset risk assessments.
- To identify key support and resources.
The day will cover the following topics:
- Background to the role of the SIRO and their responsibilities
- National Data Reviews, standards, and guides
- Risks, Threats, Vulnerabilities, Controls and potential outcomes
- Information Risk Management and Breach Management
- Understanding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Information Asset Owners & Administrators
- Information Asset Register
- Data Flow Mapping
- Supporting information including Pseudonymisation, Anonymisation and Encryption, Information Security Management Systems and building a culture of information asset management.
Who should attend?
This course is for all new and existing SIRO’s. Delegates for the day would include SIROs, their deputies Data Protection Officers, and any information governance professionals working in support of the SIRO.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Information Asset Owner
- Microsoft 365 Teams Information Protection
- Microsoft 365 Information Privacy & Protection
- Data Ethics
Will I get a recognised qualification?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:50:04+01:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:47:26+01:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
What happens if the course is cancelled?Jacqueline Stockwell2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T15:09:30+01:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.