What you will learn from the course:
- Understand the role of a Caldicott Guardian
- Review the National Data Guardians’ reports and relevant standards
- Understand the legal framework surround the Caldicott Guardian role
- Complete role-based scenarios to support learning, covering topics such as Information Sharing, Subject Access Requests and Public Interest
The day will cover the following topics:
- The Caldicott Principles.
- Strict need to know basis means
- The role of the Caldicott Guardian and responsibilities
- Working Relationships; Caldicott Guardian vs Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) & Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Support for the Caldicott Guardian
- National Data Reviews and the Data Security Standards.
- What is the Data Security and Protection Toolkit?
- The importance of Leadership in the Caldicott Guardian role.
- Scenario: Data Breach – Inappropriate Access.
- Scenarios: Sharing Information
- Sharing for Direct care, Subject Access Request, Disclosure, Public Interest.
- Discussion; Anonymisation, Pseudonymisation and Encryption.
- What the Caldicott Guardian did next?
- What can you do to protect yourself?
- The Legal Framework.
- What is Personal and Special Category Data?
Who should attend?
This course is for Caldicott Guardians that are looking for an introduction course to the Caldicott Guardian role. Delegates would include Information Governance Professionals, Caldicott Guardians and their deputies, Data Protection Officers or anyone working in support of the Caldicott Guardian role.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Data Ethics
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Information Governance
- Microsoft 365 Teams Information Protection
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
We offer a 10% discount for bookings of 2 or more public courses.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.
What our clients said about the course
Very practical examples complimented with facts and data mixture of participants brought breadth of knowledge/experience and examples
Learning about the Caldicott Guardian role and how it overarches many aspects of Information Governance, Data Protection was really informative. I liked the fact that the agenda was fluid.