The new UK legal situation regarding data protection is complex and still evolving, and staying up to date and understanding the way all these moving pieces fit together can be a full time job in itself!
This one day course covers the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including the principles, legal basis, accountability and individual rights. Our interactive sessions cover personal and special category information, Data Protection Impact Assessments and Data Breach Management.
What you will learn from the course:
- Understand the History of Privacy Law.
- Understand the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 and associated legal frameworks.
- Learn about Controller and Data Processor, the relationships and relevant compliance obligations with the law.
- Learn about the methods for international data transfers
- Understand the role of the Information Commissioner as the UK Regulator
- Complete scenarios and exercises covering course topics.
The day will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Privacy Risk Management and the laws
- Overview of UK GDPR
- Overview of Data Protection Act 2018
- Types of data including personal and special category data
- Controllers and Data Processors and the relationships
- Principles, accountability and informing others (Privacy Notices)
- The legal (lawful) basis, Individual’s rights and legal recourse
- Obligations for compliance including Record of Processing Activities (RoPA) and Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA), ensuring Privacy by Design
- Security and Breaches
- International Transfers and Adequacy Decisions
- Safeguards, Derogations and impact of Brexit
- Regulator’s Powers; The Information Commissioner’s Office
- Supporting information.
Who should attend?
This course is useful for new and old practitioners, management, DPOs, privacy officers, and any individual who has personal data processed by any organisation.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Subject Access Request
- Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance
- Data Protection Officer
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.
What our clients said about the course
This is a NEW Course, we are waiting for you to book on so we can put your comments in this space!