How to get value from your Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
DPIAs have become commonplace since the introduction of the GDPR.
However, they can easily descend into “tick box” exercises seeking a “rubber stamp” from the DPO.
Or they can mistakenly become a compliance checklist, merely reviewing whether privacy information and contract clauses are in place.
Done well, a DPIA can result in projects that achieve the business goal whilst embedding privacy-enhancing measures from the start; they can save time and money whilst improving what is ultimately built, changed or deployed.
To learn how to make your DPIA process a valuable asset to your organisation, join this workshop:
- How do people often go about their DPIAs?
- Is there a better way? (Answer: yes).
- Putting people first: assessing the risks to their “rights and freedoms”
- When everything aligns: instigator, opportunity and nothing in their way.
- What are physical, material and non-material harms?
- Why so rose-tinted? Thinking what might happen if things do not go to plan.
- Have we got them all?
- What are we planning to do, and how, and what risks does this bring?
- How to assess the risks to the business
- Of not doing this, and of doing this?
- What could we do differently?
- What mitigations are possible?
- What do people think?
- The benefits (and pitfalls) of consultation.
- Recommendations and follow-though
- Why a DPIA should not remain on the shelf.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed predominantly at individuals who have functional privacy or information governance as part of their role, but will also be of value to IT and Software Engineering staff, or any product or project managers that are responsible for the design and delivery of any new product or service that involves the processing of personal data.
We look forward to welcoming you to our workshop, delivered by experienced staff with over 20 years privacy management experience who will help you to walk away from the day with clear goals and actions you can apply and utilise going forwards to benefit the organisations and individuals that you serve.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance
- Data Protection Officer
- Data Ethics
- Microsoft 365 Information Privacy & Protection
Will I get a recognised qualification?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:50:04+01:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:47:26+01:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
What happens if the course is cancelled?Jacqueline Stockwell2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T15:09:30+01:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.