What you will learn from the course:
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical application of data protection and associated laws in complex scenarios
- Demonstrate an understanding of managing data protection and associated legislation
- Demonstrate an ability to manage risks associated with personal data in an organisational context
The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamental concepts
- Key parts of legislation
- UK GDPR
- DPA 2018
- Role of the ICO
- Putting data protection law into practice
- Codes of Practice
- Information governance
- Managing compliance
- Data protection principles
- Rights of the data subject
- Responsibilities of controllers
- Data protection officer
- Data protection by design
- Information security
- Breach reporting
- Transfers to third countries or international organisations
- The Information Commissioner
- Other important bodies or groups
- Data sharing
- Privacy and electronic communications
- Employment code of practice
- Other codes of practice
- Managing data protection compliance
- Organisational measures
- The role of information governance
- Managing risk
- DPIAs in practice
This course is delivered by TKM Consulting who are an approved training centre.
The Data Protection Certificate comprises 2 units, each of which has an assessment. Both units must be successfully completed.
We offer a closed book, written examination with short and long answer questions.
This assessment is usually scheduled 3 – 5 weeks after course delivery.
Who should attend?
This qualification is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their knowledge and obtain a data Protection Certification.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Data Ethics
- Microsoft 365 Teams Information Privacy & Protection
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
We offer a 10% discount for bookings of 2 or more public courses.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.
What our clients said about the course
The full course was five days and there was a lot to cover, I do feel the five days were needed to cover all the syllabus. I thoroughly enjoyed it and Liz could not have be more helpful and supportive. You think you know everything you need for GDPR compliance and then you go on this course and realise there is so much more. It has helped me enormously going forward.
The course has provided us with sound knowledge and direction in many areas over the last few years. She is dedicated in providing quality service in a timely manner. Our organisation has put a number of staff through this qualifications and we will be making the one day course mandatory for staff working with personal information.