What you will learn from the course:
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical application of data protection and associated laws in complex scenarios
- Demonstrate an understanding of managing data protection and associated legislation
- Demonstrate an ability to manage risks associated with personal data in an organisational context
The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamental concepts
- Key parts of legislation
- UK GDPR
- DPA 2018
- Role of the ICO
- Putting data protection law into practice
- Codes of Practice
- Information governance
- Managing compliance
- Data protection principles
- Rights of the data subject
- Responsibilities of controllers
- Data protection officer
- Data protection by design
- Information security
- Breach reporting
- Transfers to third countries or international organisations
- The Information Commissioner
- Other important bodies or groups
- Data sharing
- Privacy and electronic communications
- Employment code of practice
- Other codes of practice
- Managing data protection compliance
- Organisational measures
- The role of information governance
- Managing risk
- DPIAs in practice
This course is delivered by TKM Consulting who are an approved training centre.
The course has 2 online examinations:
Unit 1. Certificate in Data Protection Compliance
- Usually scheduled for the afternoon of day 3
- A timed, closed book, multiple choice examination with 40 questions
- Candidates have 1 hour to complete
- Pass mark is 28 out of 40 (60%)
Unit 2. Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance
- Usually scheduled 3–5 weeks post course
- A closed book, written examination with a combination of short and long answer
- Candidates have 2.5 hours to complete
- Pass mark is 40 out of 80 (50%)
Who should attend?
This qualification is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their knowledge and obtain a data Protection Certification.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Data Ethics
- Microsoft 365 Teams Information Privacy & Protection
Will I get a recognised qualification?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:50:04+01:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:47:26+01:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
What happens if the course is cancelled?Jacqueline Stockwell2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T15:09:30+01:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.