This one day course provides a basic overview of what information assets are, the roles, responsibilities and daily tasks of an Information Asset Owner/Administrator and how to manage working relationships with senior management and stakeholders. We will guide you through how to develop and maintain an Information Asset Register, assess information risks, threats, hazards and how to mitigate them.
At the end of this course you will have an excellent understanding of Information Asset management and be confident in how to implement this in your place of work.
The day will cover:
- What do you know about Information Asset Management (IAM)?
- What is an Information Asset?
- Information Asset Owners & Administrators roles and responsibilities.
- What are the best practice daily tasks and key issues for the IAO and Information Asset Administrators; Information Security, Contract clauses, Policies and procedures, Disposal, Vulnerabilities and Information Lifecyle.
- Overview of the Information Asset Register, what it includes, updating your IAR and analysing an information asset. When should assets be added to the register, example of good and bad management and how to use it as a positive tool for change?
- How to conduct an information asset audit, what information are you looking for and how to ask questions to find information.
- What different kind of records need protecting, where will you find information, who should you be talking to and how to interview someone to find information.
Who should attend?
Delegates for the day would include Information Asset Owners and Administrators, Information Governance leads and Managers, Information Managers, Senior Information Risk Owners (SIRO), or their deputies or anyone working in support of an information management role.
Suggested Follow on Courses
- Records Management
- Records Management Deep Dive
- Data Ethics
Will I get a recognised qualification?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:50:04+01:00
As part of our accreditation with the CPD accreditation group, you will receive either 6, 12 or 15 CPD points for each course attended depending on the course.
The Certificate in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a qualification and is the second qualification of a suite of 3 data protection qualifications.
Do you offer any course discounts?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T14:47:26+01:00
Yes we offer a 10% discount for the primary delegate if you book more than one person from the same organisation at the same time.
What happens if the course is cancelled?Jacqueline Stockwell2021-01-22T14:17:37+00:00
To try to avoid cancelling face to face courses, however if the number of delegates is below 5 we will offer this a virtual course instead.
See full terms and conditions.
When will I be advised of the venue location?Jacqueline Stockwell2022-08-02T15:09:30+01:00
Exact location are sent out via email, two weeks before the course, we would therefore advise you not to book accommodation until the venue is confirmed.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.