This is a highly interactive course with many different types of learning. These include; break-out sessions, creation and delivery of your own presentation, group work, as well as offline learning.
Part 1 (Half Day)
On this course you will examine the dos and don’ts when delivering and preparing for presentations. The course will begin with our example of ‘how to deliver a presentation badly’. You’ll get to watch a live demonstration of our very own host presenting everything wrong. If you start at the bottom, things can only get better, eh?
After sitting through presentation sacrilege for a bit (5 mins tops, we promise) you’ll then be split into groups where you will identify the key pitfalls most presenters come up against when delivering content to an audience. After which we will discuss your findings with the full team.
The course will then continue with the host teaching you:
- What is Public Speaking
- Start with a story– Personal Stories
- Five senses in Story Telling
- Greater conflict – home exercise
- Storytelling mindfulness impact
- Content – PACE and Creation
- Pre-Talk set up and nerves
At the end of Part 1 of the course, the host will set you a task – to create your own presentation! You’ll bring this back to present to the group two weeks later, Part 2 of the course. So be bold, be brave, and think outside the box.
Day 2 (Half Day)
Two weeks later, you will return to the virtual classroom and present yourself and your presentation to the group.
As a collective we will highlight and congratulate what was good, as well as give constructive feedback on what could be improved. The benefit of doing this together with others is that if someone has a fantastic idea, there is no shame in everyone else copying it. We’re all in this together to achieve the same goal.
As well as the design of your presentation, this session will focus on your personal energy, body language, and the words you choose to speak out loud. We will also have a final review of your goals and your desired outcome, to make sure you’re hitting all the right points to give an amazing presentation outside of the classroom.
At the end of the course, you’ll leave feeling empowered and inspired to influence your company/organization and achieve your goals.
What will be covered in this session:
- Workshop of presentations
- Body Language
- TED Talks
- Takeaway action plan
- Gain an understanding of what public speaking is and how to do it well
- Develop your own personal story
- How to combat nerves and use the power of visualisation in public speaking
- How to communicate effectively when delivering your talk
- Understand how tone, voice, and body language affect your delivery
- Deliver a 15-minute public speaking presentation
- To be a better presenter
- To design and create better content to present
- To help you think outside the box
- To design an inclusive training course
- To understand how people receive information
- To become a better communicator
- To use the energy within you
Who should attend?
This course is for any level of job role and any industry type.
Don’t know what courses you’ll need to book just yet?
We offer a pre-pay option, where you can pay now and choose what courses to book later (within a year). This option is both cost efficient and speeds up the booking process. It’s really handy for large companies/organisations who have frequent training needs.
Contact us for more information.
If you’re looking to book training for 6 or more people onto the same course, we are able to offer private in-house training – a cost efficient option.
Contact us for more information.